Private Group Retreat Application
Song of the Morning is privileged to make our facilities available for private groups to hold their workshops and trainings at our yoga retreat. We truly value the relationships we have with presenters and the expertise they bring to Song of the Morning. Presenters have the beautiful charge of drawing people to come stay at Song of the Morning who are looking for a structured and guided experience and we are grateful for the knowledge, skills and abilities you have to offer. As a nonprofit agency our fee scale is in place to offset the administrative costs associated with retreats when there is low attendance or they are cancelled.
Facility Rental Fee
The fee for use of one of our gathering spaces to host your weekend retreat (i.e., Friday evening through the Sunday meal at 1pm) is $300. Fees for each additional day is $100.
Spaces available for rent:
- Center Dome
- Central meeting area in the Lodge
Dates will be confirmed once we have approved a proposal and received the $300 facility rental fee. Facilities fees are nonrefundable. Deposit and payment plans can be arranged at the discretion of the Programs & Marketing Manager.
To help us serve you as fully as possible, please read through the information below and complete all areas of the proposal form that follows. Click the submit button at the bottom of the form when complete. Feel free to email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-983-4107 for assistance.
Private groups are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Your reservation will be confirmed once we have received both your proposal and facilities fee. Facilities fees are nonrefundable.
Each of the above locations are unique and therefore a particular space may be better suited for your retreat, depending on the size of your group and what activities you're doing. In the application you can list your building request, though depending on the weekend your first choice may not be available. If you have never been to Song of the Morning before, click here to read more about each of the gathering spaces. Song of the Morning has 40+ yoga mats available for guest use, along with an assortment of yoga props including 10 bolsters and a small number of blocks, blankets and pillows. Cushions for seated practice are plenty available in the Lodge where we host our evening meditation.
- One lead presenter will receive free meals and lodging for retreats that bring in at least 8 participants.
- Presenters will generally be given a single room. They are welcome to bring friends, partners or family members; however, they will be charged for meals and any additional cost of lodging (i.e., upgrades to a larger room or additional room).
- Please note: Arrangements for accommodations for co-presenters, teaching assistants and family members must be made at least two weeks in advance.
Participant Accommodations and Cancellation Policy
- Participants must make their reservations through Song of the Morning in advance.
- If a lodging reservation is cancelled more than 72 hours before the scheduled arrival date, then the payment is refunded minus a $50 administrative fee ($40 for camping).
- For lodging reservations cancelled within 72 hours of the scheduled arrival date, the payment is refunded minus the cost of the first night’s accommodations.
- No refund is available for no shows.
- Full time students may request a 25% discount for accommodations (i.e., meals and lodging) if they register at least one week in advance. A valid student ID is required.
Schedule for Meals
We serve nutritious vegetarian meals at Song of the Morning. If meals need to be modified in any way, please let us know in your application.
- Brunch and dinner are served Tuesday through Saturday.
Brunch is at 10 am; dinner, at 5 pm.
- A single main meal is served at 1 pm on Sundays following the 11 am worship service.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own snacks.
Schedule of Daily/Weekly Events at Song of the Morning
Your group is welcome to join us for any of our regularly scheduled spiritual activities, which are rooted in the teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda:
- Meditation from 8-9 pm Tuesday-Saturday evening
- Sunday worship service from 11 am-12:15 pm.
These programs generally take place in the Lodge, although they are subject to change based on capacity limitations. Retreat leaders and others staying in the Lodge are asked to plan their activities around these times in order to help us maintain silence and the sanctity of our ongoing activities. Again, if interested, you and your group are welcome to join us.
Sample Schedule - Download Here
Use this schedule to get an idea of how you can structure your program. It includes the retreat center activities so you can easily tailor your retreat around whatever activities you wish to join.
Day Use Guidelines
If participants from your group are coming to Song of the Morning just for the day or are choosing to stay off site, there is a day use fee. The day use fee is $10 for a single day use, or $25 for weekend use (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). If they plan on eating while they are here, please have them make reservations for the meals they would like to partake in.
We ask that your group participants observe the following
- In keeping with a yogic lifestyle, the use of tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs and coming onto the property under the influence are prohibited.
- Please leave pets at home.
- No campfires.
- Some of our guests are environmentally sensitive, please refrain from using strong fragrances, scented candles or incense.
One Final Note – Our Culture of Respect
During his later years Yogananda often spoke of creating World Brotherhood Colonies, centers where sincere seekers of diverse spiritual traditions would come together to live and work in friendship and deep mutual respect. Toward this end, he asked Yogacharya Oliver Black to establish Song of the Morning as such a community. Our intention at Song of the Morning is to provide a welcoming, friendly environment to all who visit, regardless of their respective beliefs and practices. In return, it is our expectation that guests extend a similar attitude of friendship and respect to others.
Thank you for working with us to put together a schedule of engaging, transformative programs in the coming season!
The Programming Staff at Song of the Morning