Spiritual refreshment and relaxation customized to support exactly what you are needing. Whether you choose a time during our quiet weekdays or on a weekend, our team can work with you to help build a personal retreat that leaves you feeling spiritually recharged.
From morning and afternoon yoga classes, delicious vegetarian meals, hikes on our beautiful Shrine trails, quiet time to read and reflect, and evening community meditation, we can guarantee that you are going to fall in love with this sacred space.
Customize your Personal Retreat. Choose from:
- Accommodations in our Lodge, Wheelhouse, Domes or Boathouse
- Song of the Morning's delicious and nutritious home style vegetarian meals. Additionally, we accommodate most dietary restrictions in order to provide meals that fully support your body.
- Morning and evening yoga classes
- Song of the Morning faculty-led activities including kirtan, guided hikes, property tours and overview on life and work of Paramahansa Yogananda
- Evening SOM community meditation
- Sunday Devotional service in the tradition of Paramahansa Yogananda
- Full use of our walking and hiking trails, reading nooks with scenic views of nature, access to our mini libraries, hot water and tea, shopping in our unique bookstore and gift shop
- Support and respect of personal silence if you so choose
- Service projects (karma yoga)
A Sample Day...
With over 800 acres of wilderness, beautiful spaces for personal practice and community based activities, your days can be as full or as quiet as you desire.
- Wake with the sun and welcome the day with a community yoga class followed by hot tea and personal reflection and meditation time
- Nourish your body with a healthy brunch
- Spend quiet time alone, catch up on some reading or journaling in our of our cozy nooks, enjoy a meditative walk on one of our shrine trails or explore the grounds and SOM's unique buildings.
- Depending on the season, get revitalized with some hiking, biking, cross country skiing or snowshoeing on SOM's 15+ miles of cleared trails, or grab your journal and set out on an adventure to the near-by attractions in the Pigeon River State Forest, including pristine sink holes, scenic outlooks and peaceful lakes!
- Nurture your body and soul by lunching with new friends (be sure to bring your own snacks!)
- Dive into another yoga class combined with readings from Paramahansa Yogananda
- Chat with new friends or practice silent "mindful eating" while enjoying a delicious vegetarian meal prepared with love by our live-in staff.
- Take a short walk to our woodland enshrouded Platform and view the beautiful outlook of the Pigeon River
- Join SOM's community meditation in the tradition of Paramahansa Yogananda
- Grab your journal and enjoy some tea as you reflect on your day before nestling in for the night :)
Special Seasonal Packages
All offers apply to personal retreats only. Not valid with any other offer or prior bookings.
12 Days of Christmas - Stay Two Nights Get One FREE!
Join us for the holidays! Come for an extended stay during our 12 Days of Christmas, December 25-January 5, and for every two nights you stay, receive the third night FREE!
This annual 12 day celebration at Song of the Morning begins on Christmas Day with our fun and spirit-filled Progressive Dinner and ends on January 5, with a commemorative service in honor of Paramahansa Yogananda's Birthday. Visit our workshop listings by clicking here and scrolling down to find more details, including a full schedule, for the 12 Days.